Mostly for wine.
Remember that blog I had where I told you about races in the area and showed you pictures?
Yeah me either apparently.
Today I did the Race for Chocolate in Williamsburg. It was their inaugural year, so there were a few hiccups. Hiccup numero uno was they only had one table for packet pick up….big problem. People were lined up and circled around trying to get inside the building. Because of this they had to delay the start of the races. Not a huge problem, just a little annoying.
Santa led all of the races, so that was pretty snazzy.
The course was really pretty. It went down a back road with little farms, and dried up corn stalks…and wineries.
After the race was when the wine and chocolate were involved. Unfortunately I didn’t get either. Both lines were super long. They only had, from what I could tell, two people at the wine tasting. The line for the chocolate was just too long and I was cold. Soooo, I went into Williamsburg and got a sandwich from the Cheese Shop, life is hard. If you go to the Cheese Shop and don’t get some of their House Dressing, I don’t think we can be friends.
It was a pretty perfect day in Williamsburg, so I enjoyed my sandwich and coffee al fresco. I even had my own private acoustic guitar concert. So, maybe it wasn’t just for me…but I can think it was!
Some prankster called Ninja Art added these minions to the trees in Merchants Square. They were so cute! The artist(s) took googly eyes and Sharpie to draw on lemons to make them look like minions. Pretty smart eh?
So there’s my Saturday morning in a nutshell. How was yours?
Okay, not really, but I couldn’t come up with another alliterative title for my weekend. I just like the way it sounds, what can I say. Football game, birthday, race just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
First up, the race!
I did the Yorktown Battlefield 5K this weekend. It was a beautiful course! It follows the Yorktown Battlefield driving tour, which is neat to begin with. As you can see I was wearing my dead sexy calf sleeves. I do like them and got them half off from Groupon!
I didn’t get to snap a picture of the course because I was actually trying to run for a certain time, but just trust me…it was pretty.
Next up, football game! ODU played Rhode Island and beat them pretty handily, good times.
Saturday was the birthday party and the sunset was beautiful! Happy Birthday to Stephanie, it was a wonderful night!
How was your weekend? What did you do?
Hellllloooo! I’m happy to see you all again!
I have been out of commission with a lovely cold that has left me feeling icky and quite sleepy. Hence, no posts.
1) While reading a book about pumpkin carving the students noticed that one of the characters had the same name as one of our students. They thought it was funny and laughed.
Then the student who had the same name called out, “Wait! Do I have a twin!?”
Oh First Grade…
2) Sometimes being a NYC subway driver can become a little monotonous…
3) I’m doing the Yorktown Battlefield 5K tomorrow. Even though Facebook keeps telling me it’s at 1:45, I know otherwise. Thanks government for opening all the National Parks again!
4) A new student in first grade looked over at me, looked down in my shirt and told me, “You have boobies!” Thanks kid, I was wondering what was going on!
5) I know Halloween was yesterday, but take a look at the these spooky scenes!
Happy November! Don’t forget the time change!
This weekend I did the Mariner’s Pirate Run 10K in Newport News. And guys…it was hard. I was not aware that it was quite so hilly. It was a beautiful course and I wish I could have stopped at a few points and just looked around, but it was not meant to be. Also, I was too afraid of the attack hornets that seemed to be guarding one of the bridges.
The shirts were pretty cool too!
I was Jeopardy tonight, as per my tradition, and I saw this awesome video! Skip to the 2:00 mark otherwise he’s just boasting about his washcloth.
Or the time I titled my post Weekend Snapshits and my phone autocorrected to the correct word. Thanks autocorrect!
It is definitely Fall out on my balcony. However, the weather is very confused as to what season we are in. Apparently VA is in humid, windy, rain all the time, feel like you’re living in a cloud season…
This little postcard was in my Birchbox last month. Ya know, in case you need a pick me up…
I walked to end Alzheimer’s on Sunday. It’s great to see so many people out to raise awareness for this disease. If you’d like more information about a walk in your area check out the Alzheimer’s Association’s website.
See! This is what I’m talkin’ about! Living in a cloud. Oh and that dog was none too happy that I was taking his photo.
I was going to title it “and I didn’t die!” but I thought that was too Debbie Downerish. Soooo….
1) I ran in the Heart of Ghent 10K and survived! I ran/walked it. My final time was 1:22, not tooo bad. I was hoping to be faster, but hey it was my first longer run I’ve done in a long time.
2) I watched Michigan win over Connecticut and I survived. This one was a close call. I pretty much thought I was going to die at multiple points and had to leave the room twice. But, hey, I survived! But seriously what was up with that game!?
3) Some lovely soul in our apartment building decided to pull the fire alarm…at 4:30 in the morning. Guess what I survived! But if I find out how did. WhyIaughta! We (the apartment complex) got to tromp outside in the rain and wait until the fire alarm got turned off. Mind you when we did get back inside the fire alarm went off an additional three/four? times for thirty seconds each. I mean really.
Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was fantabulous!
We went to a wine festival. I guess I got a little out of control with the swirling of my sangria. It was very delicious even if I did have to suck it out of my shirt.
I got a nice Sunday morning walk in.
I also signed up to do the Heart of Ghent 1oK again this year. It was pretty fun last year. I mean how bad is free beer and pizza at the end of the race? It also takes you through Ghent and some places in Norfolk that you wouldn’t normally see. The proceeds also go to some pretty deserving charities like Ronald McDonald House, Access AIDS Care, and For Kids. You should check it out.
Michigan beat Notre Dame, which was also pretty fantabulous in its own way.
I wouldn’t normally take advice from Hannibal Lecter…but this quote has its own value.
On Saturday, I did the Color Vibe. Fun was had.
Color was thrown
It was unbelievably hot and there weren’t any water stops on course…didn’t make any sense. But I was so proud of my friend Stephanie who finished her first 5k!
Awesome job Steph!