Today is an exciting Friday indeed! I get to see these lovely people…
Mi madre y padre!
2) One of the first graders wore his pants entirely backwards for the whole day yesterday. A little Kriss Kross action for ya!
3) It has finally decided to be fall in Virginia Beach. I am a major fan of this.
4) I think this is pretty spot on
5) I have also discovered a new snacky type love. Pirate’s Booty. I know I’m late to the game here, but yum! If anyone wants to send me a few bags…I’m okay with that. It’s a snack food, trust me!
Ah! It actually happened! It’s my last Friday of vacation!!!! On Monday school starts again (for teachers) and the following week all the little lovelies come back the following week.
1) Dolly Parton Jolene slowed waaaaay down. It’s actually pretty awesome.
2) Some librarians got together and did a remake of Beastie Boys Sabotage. Again, it’s flippin fantastic!
3) I did a longer walk/run yesterday. About 5.5 miles. I say walk/run but most of the running was due to the stupid biting flies that wanted to suck my blood like a freaking vampire!
4) I also decided to add V ups back into my workout routine. Why? I don’t know. I really hate V ups, but they do workout your abs.
5) My mom has an old map my grandparents used when they would come and visit us in Ohio. My grandma took the liberty of writing notes all over the map of good places to stop, where not to stop, and which Bob Evans was the best. All very important information to know.
Yesterday was the end of my lovely stay in MI.
It was a close call getting to the airport when there were accidents on either side of the expressway, both of them multi car. Yikes! I hope everyone was okay. I got to the airport at 9:15 and my flight was going to board at 9:35, just made it by the skin of my teeth!
I was really sad to leave the lake, it’s a pretty awesome place.
Goodbye Brown’s Lake until next time!!
Hello there! It’s been a busy couple of days. My birthday was on Monday and we spent it at Busch Gardens, literally until it closed. It’s pretty fun riding roller coasters at night. Just sayin’.
I did indeed get some birthday cake and shared it with some pretty cool individuals that also had August bday dates.
I also got beautiful flowers…
And some pretty spiffy kicks.
Oh and a new headband. I think they will be all the rage for the fall season.
In unrelated news, I made my own ice cream bars. I saw a recipe on Pinterest and was pretty sure I could pull it off.
8oz Chobani key lime yogurt
Leftover lemon verbena whipped cream (about a cup?)
5 sheets of graham crackers
8×8 baking pan
Break graham crackers into two and lay 5 on the bottom of a foil lined baking pan. Mix together yogurt and whipped cream. Pour on top of graham crackers. Place remaining graham crackers on top. Put in freezer for at least 4 hrs or until yogurt mix has hardened. When ready to enjoy, just cut into squares!
Hello to another Friday. Having the 4th on Thursday has totally screwed up my days of the week. I feel like today should be Saturday or something.
1) The Lumineers have a new version of “Ho Hey”…
2) I love Dexter…that is all…
The lack of posts comes from the fact that I’m on vacation!
Everybody enjoy your week. It’s a hot and humid one down here!
And I just can’t hide it!
Not Jessie Spano style, no, no.
I’m just excited. Sarah (who is getting married to my brother)asked me to be a bridesmaid.
In other news, Bond can’t sleep in his little kitty bed unless his feet are hanging outside.
Bond has also discovered the hallway. Oooo. He’ll make it a couple of doors and then look back at me and make sure I’m still following him and not just letting the big scary hallway capture him forever. It’s pretty good times.