Happy Easter Saturday!
I am so excited that Spring Break is next week. I really, really needed it!
1) New shoes! My shoes have been on their last legs for the past month, I’m so glad I’ve got some new beauts to prepare for the Flying Pig.
2) Birthday’s. Both my dad and my brother have birthdays this week. Happy Birthday Andrew and Dad!
3) I’m sure you’ve seen the Walking Dead/Toy Story comparison floating around. If not, it is pretty crazy how the stories match up!
4) Last night at Good Friday mass the priest ended his homily with this little nugget to think about,
“Let us believe that our scars have become the best part of who we are.”
I really liked that. And we should accept our scars, however deep and make them a better part of us.
5) Ron Swanson (Nick Offerman) can break dance?
6) Last week MTV aired “retro” Real World. It made me a) realize how old I am and b) realize how much the Real World’s suck now. If you want to feel old like me, check out this slide show from Vulture ranking all the seasons.
Well it’s happened…again… There was another round of “ick” going through school and I got it…again…
When I’m sick, I feel like just curling up into a ball and sleeping. Alas, that is not possible. There is only one day, one day, until Spring Break! I can do it.
While I’m curled up in a ball, some things do make me feel better. Like:
2013 March Madness of cat GIF’s
I’ve told him it’s not nice to stare.
Listening to/singing along with Musicals. I always feel like Phoebe…
Needless to say, the training is on hold for now. I’m off to curl up, watch some DVR, and veg.
Just gotta point out that it’s T minus one week till Spring Break. Thank. The. Lord.
1) The kids were killing me today during word study!
“I have four hairs on my neck. My dad has to shave ’em. That means I’m a man!”
“If you ever go to jail, pack a toothbrush.” (Wait for it…) “Because then you can just sharpen it down to a point…”
Oh and this:
2) When did Altoids get so weird?
However, I was told that dreams when you are pregnant are kinda crazy, so I guess it’s accurate?
3) Jimmy Fallon shouts it out! And Lester Holt has glitter?
4) This pretty much describes my entire first grade experience this year:
5) On Thursday we had a “Make and Take” day to get some things together for language arts. Not only did we get fed delicious cookies, but we got to listen to 80’s music for the entire 3 hours. It was amahzing! And yes Love Stinks is an actual song. 😉
…and throw up.
Not that I have any problem with gay squirrels, but I do with throw up. By the way when you search for “gray gay squirrel” you get quite the assortment of responses. Including a list of homosexual animals. Yup.
The things I search for you, so you don’t have to!
But back to the throw up.
We are having a flu/sore throat outbreak at school. Today one little boy needed to be escorted down to the nurse’s office with the trash can. Go me.
When I came back down to the classroom I realized I forgot my keys, so I knocked on the door. One little boy saw me. When I mouthed for him to, “Open the door” he shook his head no and said no. He told me no he wouldn’t let me in!
Damn he really took to those security rules!
Outside my window:
It is cold, rainy, and slightly foggy. I am so ready for this gross cold weather to go away and for the warmer temps to stick around!
I am wearing:
Grey Navy hoodie, workout shorts and my fuzzy blue owl socks. Pretty damn comfy.
I am reading:
Under the Banner of Heaven. Man…those Mormons…
From the kitchen:
I made sweet potato and white bean cakes and pan-fried them. Pretty tasty, but they kinda fell apart towards the end. I topped the cakes with salsa verde and avocado. Delish!
Van Morrision. What can I say, it was St. Patty’s Day.
Did you know he hates performing live? True story
I did four miles on Saturday and made a return to yoga today. I have been really needing to pick up yoga again. My calf muscles were sooo very tight today.
Around the house:
It’s a mess of dirty clothes. I really hate doing laundry. I know this means that I don’t have as many clothes to wear throughout the week, but I’m pretty meh about it.
This is what happens when you combine St. Patrick’s Day and 25 cent stick mustaches. Especially when 25 cent mustaches starts to fall of your face.
Yep, I missed Friday…again. But I know y’all will forgive me because you are kind and generous people.
1) One of the kids words this week for word study was “rare.” So I used the sentence, “It is rare that the students turn their homework in on time.” Which is true. They’ve been having a really hard time doing their homework the past couple of weeks. Of course they were a little offended and appalled that I said that. However, one student said, “That’s really mean…but true…” Ha! One point for the teacher!
2) JT has been killin’ it on Jimmy Fallon this week.
I love the Mackelmore at the end.
3) I love bacon and Lent really needs to be over so I can go to Michigan and eat this taco.
4) It’s St. Patty’s Day weekend. Be careful folks! Don’t be stupid call a cab if you need to!
5) Joseph Gordon Levitt…42 reasons why. You’re welcome.
6) My cat is weird, but I love him anyway. That’s true love, right?
If I posted that already, oh well, you’ll get over it.
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!!
“I was a boy scout once and a brownie, until some brat got scared!”
Anyway. I’m trying a couple of new to me apps to keep me on the straight and narrow of working out. I’ve been letting myself get into the groove of not working out and telling myself I’ll make up for it on another day. No bueno when you have a half marathon coming up in May.
Yesterday I downloaded Runkeeper and Gympact. I’ve seen both of these apps touted on other people’s blogs and thought I’d try ’em out. I’m syncing the apps together to get the biggest bang for my buck.
Runkeeper keeps track of your mileage each day/week. You can set it for walking or running. With Runkeeper you can synch the data to Gympact. Gympact pays you money for working out. Pretty cool, right? You decide how many days you want to workout a week and how much you are willing to give up if you don’t work out. I set mine at 4 days a week with $5 deduction if I don’t work out.
If you work out for the days you say you will you get money! If you decide to be lazy and not do anything money goes away.
I think this will be a big motivator for me since I like to keep my money in my wallet.
Yeah, in opposite land…
Oh yes, I am…
That just happened and it was worth every calorie. I then proceeded to run for a half hour and walk to the grocery store. I think it all balanced out. Right?
What else am I lovin’ right now? A little J. Timberlake.
He was absolutely hilarious on SNL this past weekend. He should really be a regular cast member. That’s totally doable, right? Anywho. He is on Jimmy Fallon every night this week. Last night, he brought sexy back.
There are a few things in life that are certain:
Every morning the sun will rise
My cat will always prefer to play with a plastic bag over expensive pet store toys.
If I am running late to school in the morning, I will inevitably spill coffee or some other liquid all over myself.
Cadbury Mini Eggs are the devil.
The day I choose to straighten my hair, it will rain. Thus making my hair frizzy and about 10 times bigger.
You can’t make everyone like you.
And subsequently, there will be people in the world who don’t care for the sweet, sweet hotness you are throwing down on a daily basis.
Listening to “The Mighty Mighty Bosstones” station on Pandora is a good way to let go and thrash around.
Eating an entire bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs may make you happy, but also will make you feel incredibly sick.