here, this is the original list.
I am about brain-dead this morning. After driving 10 hours yesterday and not being able to fall asleep last night, I don’t have a whole lot to offer this morning. Read and enjoy people, read and enjoy
- Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. “…pulled out a ragged catcher’s mitt.” A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
- Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
a candle, nail polish, picture frame, VA DMV notice
- Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
texting, doing laundry, and watching Oprah
- What is the last thing you watched on TV?
- Without looking, guess what time it is
Um, around 9?
- Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
- With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The dryer, TV, and helicopter outside
- When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Around 6…I had to change a fuse in my car.
- Did you dream last night?
I’m sure I did. Do I remember it? Um, no.
- Do you remember your dreams?
- When did you last laugh?
Today. One of my students told me not to get too excited about Spring Break.
- Do you remember why / at what?
yes, yes I do.
- What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A poster of NYC, old pictures of my grandparents and great grand parents, Gwen Frostic Prints, a Georgia O’Keeffe sunflower print, and a painting
- Seen anything weird lately?
sure, an albino squirrel
- What do you think of this quiz?
This is a quiz?
- What is the last film you saw?
Limitless with Bradley Cooper and Al Pacino. Pretty good, go see it. If for no other reason that to see Bradley Cooper.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Hmm, anywhere? It would have to be somewhere by the water…I don’t know where exactly.
- If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A new car, new iPod (lame I know), a house…
- Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.
Well, if I told you than a lot of people would know and then what is the point?
- If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? I would change the education system.
- Do you like to dance?
- Would you ever consider living abroad?
Sure why not?
- Does your name make any interesting anagrams?
Ylime. My brother calls me that sometimes
- Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
What was the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? I don’t know why this is slashed out…can’t change it. It was probably iTunes or something.
- Last time you swam in a pool?
It’s been a while, I honestly can’t remember
- Type of music you like most?
Most? I’m on kind of an Indie/Folk kick right now.
- Type of music you dislike most?
- Are you listening to music right now? No, now I’m catching up on my DVR
- What color is your bedroom carpet?
- If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
Well, I’m renting…but… I’d put it by the ocean and then I’d fix all the crazy things they did in this house. Like the outlets don’t really hold the plugs in place. Ya know little stuff.
- What was the last thing you bought?
Food at Whole Foods
- Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
Nope, and I don’t really want to.
- Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
I’m leaning more towards maybe
- Do you have a garden?
- Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
Really, I have to get up already? Snooze!
- If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
Joseph Gordon Levitt
- Who sent the last text message you received?
- Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Anthropologie or Lululemon
- What time is bed time?
During the school week it’s around 10. If I’m not in school, it’s whenever I want! Muhahaha
- Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
- How many tattoos do you have?
- If you don’t have any, have you ever thought of getting one?
Why yes I have
- What did you do for your last birthday?
I was at our Lake House
- Do you carry a donor card?
I don’t think so
- Who was the last person you ate dinner with?
- Is the glass half empty or half full?
Um, it’s half full at some moments and half empty at others
- What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been?
- When’s the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
Probably last summer.
- Have you ever won a trophy?
Sure, in singing competitions for high school. Even then they weren’t really medals they were just sheets of paper.
- Are you a good cook?
Yes, I think so
- Do you know how to pump your own gas?
Yeah, why wouldn’t I?
- If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
John Lennon, too cliché?
- Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school?
No! Public school kid!!
- Do you touch-type?
Yeah, but sometimes I misspell the words.
- What’s under your bed?
At times a cat, other than that bags from half marathons and luggage.
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Think fast, what do you like right now?
Cinnamon bread, coffee, chocolate
- Where were you on Valentine’s day?
Uh…I think I was at home…?
- What time do you get up?6:00 if I have to be somewhere early or 6:30 if I’m feeling lazy.
- What was the name of your first pet? Sippy!
- Who is the second to last person to call you?
- Is there anything going on this weekend?
Don’t know, maybe
- How are you feeling right now?
- What do you think about the most?
Life and where it’s going
- What time do you get up in the morning?
Um, look at the other question
- If you had A Big Win in the Lottery, how long would you wait to tell people?
Not too long. I can’t keep that type of information to myself!
- Who would you tell first?
My family, that counts as one person, right?
- What is the last movie that you saw at the cinema?
Dude, I just answered this earlier…
- Do you sing in the shower?
yep, I do
- Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Seriously, just answered this…
- What do you do most when you are bored?
Surf the Interwebs, catch up on the DVR or read
- What do you do for a living?
Teacher of young impressionable minds
- Do you love your job?
Yes, sometimes, sometimes, yes.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
A baker, a gymnast…
- If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?
I would love to be a children’s book author or a baker…
- Which came first the chicken or the egg?
- How many keys on your key ring?
A lot! Six, I think
- Where would you retire to?
somewhere by the water where it is warm.
- What kind of car do you drive?
Ford Focus baby
- What are your best physical features?
Ugh, I don’t know. My dimples…?
- What are your best characteristics?
Caring, witty, and loving
- If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?
- What kind of books do you like to read?
Anything, ooh except textbooks, those I don’t like to read.
- Where would you want to retire to?
- What is your favorite time of the day?
The time of day when I know I can go home
- Where did you grow up?
- How far away from your birthplace do you live now?
10 hours SE, depending on how fast you drive
- What are you reading now?
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I can be either
- Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
- Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
- Do you have pets?
Bond (cat) here in VA, Cleo (cat) in Ohio
- How many rings before you answer the phone?
- What is your best childhood memory? Rubbing pepper seeds in my eyes. Oh wait, no, that’s the worst memory…
- What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life? Bob Evan’s hostess, data entry person, admissions office slave, teacher
- Any new and exciting things that you would like to share?
I’m taking a summer Masters class!?
- What is most important in life?
- What Inspires You?
The creativity of others.