Welcome Friday, I have missed you!
1) There were mimes at school today…
But they talked and didn’t wear face paint. So, can I still call them mimes? Anyway, they taught the kids about good character traits, but I can’t remember any of the traits. I don’t think that’s good.
Two things distracted me:
1) They started off the show talking about how they were going to put alcohol and drugs into their car to make it run (all of the adults in the audience went from smiling to concerned). Mime was all like, “And now lets pour in some alcohol, glug, glug, glug!” (Really the sound effects guy made the glug, glug, glug sound) He made it sound a little to silly and fun for my liking.
2) There was a tsunami metaphor that I didn’t really understand. I almost felt “too soon” on this. I don’t know.
I was a little preoccupied with one of my students who was flinching at how loud it was and wanted to leave. Soooo maybe I missed a few key points to the presentation.
2) The Shamrock 8K is tomorrow! I’m ready to go! I’ve got my green shirt and green headband all laid out. I was going to wear the cute St. Patty’s Day necklace my secret pal got me, but after getting wet in the rain it turned my neck green. No bueno.
3) I had a conversation with one of the fourth graders at the end of the day that went something like this…
S – my brother pays me to come to school
Miss G – Your brother does?
S – Yeah, he gives me a dollar a day.
Miss G – So you get $7 dollars a week
S – no just five, none for the weekend
Miss G – So how old is your brother?
S – He’s six.
Miss G – Where does he get the money?
S – from his piggy bank
Miss G – So your younger brother pays you a dollar a day to come to school? I wish my younger brother did that!
Seriously, what’s up with that!?
4) The Walking Dead is getting good!
Walking through a dark forest with no real sense of direction is never good.
Rick kills Shane and he instantly becomes a zombie wanting to eat Rick? Good thing Rick’s son wasn’t such a baby this time and got him!
And also…zombie animals? A possibility?
5) I’m tired and it’s time for bed. Gotta be ready to go for the 8K starting at 8AM tomorrow!
Bond is as always….