So I had a first grader flip me off today….
It was, of course, I was being a horrible person. In being said horrible person, I took away his chair. Why? Well, he was sitting on it knees on the seat, bottom up, with his head resting on the floor. Somehow I thought he might hurt himself like that.
I took the chair away, he proceeded to glare at me, count up to three with his fingers and then flip me off.
The land of kitties and rainbows indeed.
In other news another student can identify and label who is a girl and who is a boy. Next moving on to he/she. Baby steps people!
Hellllloooo! I’m happy to see you all again!
I have been out of commission with a lovely cold that has left me feeling icky and quite sleepy. Hence, no posts.
1) While reading a book about pumpkin carving the students noticed that one of the characters had the same name as one of our students. They thought it was funny and laughed.
Then the student who had the same name called out, “Wait! Do I have a twin!?”
Oh First Grade…
2) Sometimes being a NYC subway driver can become a little monotonous…
3) I’m doing the Yorktown Battlefield 5K tomorrow. Even though Facebook keeps telling me it’s at 1:45, I know otherwise. Thanks government for opening all the National Parks again!
4) A new student in first grade looked over at me, looked down in my shirt and told me, “You have boobies!” Thanks kid, I was wondering what was going on!
5) I know Halloween was yesterday, but take a look at the these spooky scenes!
Happy November! Don’t forget the time change!
What!?! A Five Thing Friday on Friday!
1) This song has been stuck in my head, I blame it on Dancing With the Stars…
2) While going over the calendar today one of the teachers mentioned that her dad was asking her about Hurricane Karen. One little boy on the carpet turns around and looks at me and says,
“Grown ups have dads!?”
I told him yes everyone has a dad and again he says,
“Yeah, but even grown ups!?”
3) I don’t know if I posted this already or not, but if I did you’re going to watch it again. Because Joseph Gordon Lovitt=amazingly awesome
4) I think the key to life is eating at least one Reese’s Cup a day (preferably in pumpkin shape) or a bacon Rice Krispy Treat. Truth. Fact
5) I saw a friend’s baby today after school and she was tiny, and perfect, and oh so cute. Babies=perfect.
Not much, except I’ve been very busy. Seriously. I apologize for my disappearing acts, and will try to do better, buuuuttt….
So, I got flowers. If you want one way to make all the teachers of your school jealous, get flowers.
So we already know my best friend is amazing. Even though she lives on the West Coast she still managed to get me an awesome birthday present that includes bacon. Bacon Rice Krispy Treat anyone?
I also attended a wedding this past weekend. It was beautiful with good food, good drinks, and good people. Congratulations Clay and Charlotte!
Today when asking how much a dime was worth a student answered, “Ten diamonds!” I am going to have that kid as a friend forever! Never learn how much a real dime is worth!
The first grade lovelies were doing a rhyming sort when I came in today. One student was rhyming away, cat hat, dog frog, tire fire. Well, when one student got to tire,fire it made him think of a story about his mom.
S – My mom smokes cigarettes…
MG – How does this have to do with rhyming?
S- (Continuing on like he didn’t hear me)My mom smokes cigarettes, then she takes her cigarette and dips in my my bubbles (I’m assuming bubble blowing) then blows out and fire comes out the end of the cigarette.
MG – Well that sounds pretty dangerous…
Theeennn during the same rhyming activity a student pronounced my name as Scooby. So I’d be Ms. Scooby. My last name sounds nothing like the word Scooby nor does it start with an s.
1) A moment of zen
2) And another… I would also like to argue to make this the 5 oz pour line.
3) My baby is all growed up
4. Kid President’s pep talk for the beginning of the school year
I love Kid President
5) It’s Friday. Holy geez am I happy about that! I also learned what I corndog is…yep. And soon you will know. Aren’t you so excited!? Thanks elementary students/urban dictionary!
“When you shove your knee up between a person’s butt cheeks, resulting in shrieks of pain, revenge, or surprise.
Also, a hot dog-type sandwich coated in cornbread batter and deep fried in hot oil, although some are baked. They are also served on a wooden stick. “
Holy crap how did it become Wednesday??
I guess with all the beginning of school craziness, Wednesday just kinda snuck up on me. So what have I been up to? Well…I got some new glasses.
I think they make me look smarter…right!?
The mermaid at Texas Roadhouse had some serious bitchy resting face going on.
I guess mermaids have bitchy resting face…who knew?
Aaannnnd a picture of my best friend…why not?
This year at school I am going to try my damnedest to be more organized. What sucks about being more organized is getting organized. Ugh, such a pain!
And just so you know if you look up, “being a mess” on Google the first image that pops up is Miley Cyrus…hmmmm
By the by, why can’t Adam Sandler make funny movies anymore? Just wondering…
School started for teachers on Monday. Lots of meetings and organizing things happening.
I also got a different grade level to work with. This year I’ll be working with 3rd grade instead of 4th. Not too much of a drastic change, so I think I can manage.
There has been a drastic change in when I wake up in the morning. I think the only person happy about it is Bond…not that he’s really a person…
He also likes getting himself stuck in plastic bag handles, but that’s a different story.
Today was Field Day. For the most part I felt like this:
When I walked outside with my umbrella (yes I used an umbrella)one of the kids exclaimed, “Look Miss G is a vampire!” Cute, kid, remind me to make sure I make fun of you when your bottle of water runs out.
Field Day was great. The SCA did a wonderful job putting everything together. The kids even got to pie teachers in the face at the end of the day.
The next two days are going to be interesting. I feel like I have a bazillion things to do and only half a bazillion amount of time to do it in. Ugh. I even got to work earlier than I normally do and I don’t think I got anything done.
Pretty sure it’s the latter.
But we’ll get to that in a moment.
Yesterday, it was a little foggy. Tropical Storm Andrea was/is all sorts of humid around here!
Today was another rainy day. It was supposed to be our Field Day, but luckily we have a back up plan.
So Tony Stark…
I have a first grader who kept pulling her shirt down to show her chest to her classmates. I told her not to do that or she’d have to leave. Low and behold she did it yet again. We got down to my room where we were talking about why she can’t do that.
First Grader – “No, but look!”
MG – “You can’t pull your shirt down like that.”
FG – “But I’m like Iron Man!”
MG – Finally understanding…”No, you are not Tony Stark, he is the only one with a circle in his chest.”
FG – “How do you know his name? You don’t have one?”
MG – “I know everything and only Iron Man has one”
This is the same student who told me today that she had a bra on. Nope, try again. You just have a picture of a skull with hearts for eyes placed …er…bikini like?
I told her she wasn’t going to have a bra for a long time. Her response…”Oh, when I’m 11?” I told her not until she was her mommy’s age. I don’t know her mother’s age, but I know it’s older than 11.
Lord help me. Four more days…