Today is an exciting Friday indeed! I get to see these lovely people…
“Looks like a big ol’ beach…”
Mi madre y padre!
2) One of the first graders wore his pants entirely backwards for the whole day yesterday. A little Kriss Kross action for ya!
3) It has finally decided to be fall in Virginia Beach. I am a major fan of this.
4) I think this is pretty spot on
5) I have also discovered a new snacky type love. Pirate’s Booty. I know I’m late to the game here, but yum! If anyone wants to send me a few bags…I’m okay with that. It’s a snack food, trust me!
I think it’s pretty safe to say…my best friend knows me…
Happy birthday to me indeed! Love you best friend!
Ah! It actually happened! It’s my last Friday of vacation!!!! On Monday school starts again (for teachers) and the following week all the little lovelies come back the following week.
1) Dolly Parton Jolene slowed waaaaay down. It’s actually pretty awesome.
2) Some librarians got together and did a remake of Beastie Boys Sabotage. Again, it’s flippin fantastic!
3) I did a longer walk/run yesterday. About 5.5 miles. I say walk/run but most of the running was due to the stupid biting flies that wanted to suck my blood like a freaking vampire!
4) I also decided to add V ups back into my workout routine. Why? I don’t know. I really hate V ups, but they do workout your abs.
5) My mom has an old map my grandparents used when they would come and visit us in Ohio. My grandma took the liberty of writing notes all over the map of good places to stop, where not to stop, and which Bob Evans was the best. All very important information to know.
Yesterday was the end of my lovely stay in MI.
It was a close call getting to the airport when there were accidents on either side of the expressway, both of them multi car. Yikes! I hope everyone was okay. I got to the airport at 9:15 and my flight was going to board at 9:35, just made it by the skin of my teeth!
I was really sad to leave the lake, it’s a pretty awesome place.
Goodbye Brown’s Lake until next time!!
And the livin’ is pretty easy…
They give me cupcakes
An in home security system
Wonderful places to stop and take a nap
And the views ain’t so bad either
Hello there! It’s been a busy couple of days. My birthday was on Monday and we spent it at Busch Gardens, literally until it closed. It’s pretty fun riding roller coasters at night. Just sayin’.
I did indeed get some birthday cake and shared it with some pretty cool individuals that also had August bday dates.
I also got beautiful flowers…
And some pretty spiffy kicks.
Oh and a new headband. I think they will be all the rage for the fall season.
In unrelated news, I made my own ice cream bars. I saw a recipe on Pinterest and was pretty sure I could pull it off.
8oz Chobani key lime yogurt
Leftover lemon verbena whipped cream (about a cup?)
5 sheets of graham crackers
8×8 baking pan
Break graham crackers into two and lay 5 on the bottom of a foil lined baking pan. Mix together yogurt and whipped cream. Pour on top of graham crackers. Place remaining graham crackers on top. Put in freezer for at least 4 hrs or until yogurt mix has hardened. When ready to enjoy, just cut into squares!
It’s the last day of vacation…
So just enjoy some pictures while I drown in my melodrama…
Hello to another Friday. Having the 4th on Thursday has totally screwed up my days of the week. I feel like today should be Saturday or something.
1) The Lumineers have a new version of “Ho Hey”…
2) I love Dexter…that is all…
The lack of posts comes from the fact that I’m on vacation!
Everybody enjoy your week. It’s a hot and humid one down here!
And I just can’t hide it!
Not Jessie Spano style, no, no.
I’m just excited. Sarah (who is getting married to my brother)asked me to be a bridesmaid.
In other news, Bond can’t sleep in his little kitty bed unless his feet are hanging outside.
What can I say? Like mother, like cat son? Is that weird? My feet get hot during the night so I kick the covers off of them.
Bond has also discovered the hallway. Oooo. He’ll make it a couple of doors and then look back at me and make sure I’m still following him and not just letting the big scary hallway capture him forever. It’s pretty good times.
It’s finally here. The first day of summer! Today is the day of the summer solstice and hence the longest day. When we would go visit family in Traverse City we would always go to the top of Sleeping Bear Dune, face the lake and watch the sunset. Last year we were vacationing in the OBX and sat on Jockey’s Ridge to watch the sunset:
Also on the longest day the Alzheimer’s Association urges you to participate in some activity to honor those loved ones suffering or succumbed to Alzheimer’s disease.
So today, in honor of my grandpa
I went on a 16 mile bike ride. I think he would have loved the ride. I saw a deer and some sea lions…
The sea lions were not feeling photogenic today… and twice went over this lovely marina
I say lovely because the hill to get over that marina/waterway is killer! The Longest Day lasts, well all day. You are supposed to be active in some way all day. I’m trying my hardest to do so, but the rain has other ideas!
If you’d like to read more go to the Alzheimer’s Association’s website to educate yourself!